[rescue] lanplex 2500 password reset

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 19 23:14:40 CST 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:49:45AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> Other option: Pull the battery and short the battery holder's contacts.
> This will bring it back to factory mode.

Sigh.  The $@%^*^@*( battery is soldered in or something.  I do see that there
are a pair of simm sockets.  This is way cool.  I've never had a device that
wasn't a stand alone computer that took memory upgrades before.  Sweet.

Now to scour the documentation for a different method of restoring to factory
defaults.

OK, here we go.  Trying "system nvData reset".  Hope it works.  Well, it
reset the passwords at at least.  Now to see if NFS still locks up.

Hmm.  I'm pushing it pretty hard (doing compiles on the NFS share, du -k on it,
copying large files back and forth, all of those at once, etc), and still no
lock up.  Looks good.  I'm so happy.  Finally, a real, quality, piece of pro
hardware working correctly.  Wheee.

Sorry, owned it for quite some time now and am just ecstatic that after all
these weeks it is finally working.

Now, back to that boot server.

--
Joshua D. Boyd