[rescue] Silly NetBSD question

Doctor Obnox Son of a Bitch rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 19 16:21:05 CST 2001

Phil Brutsche, reeling from the shock, managed on Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 03:55:52PM -0600 to scrawl:
> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>
> > So, someone suggested C-Kermit.
>
> That was me.
>
> > I gather that this just takes the serial input somehow and passes it
> > to stdio and lets stdio figure out how to display it?
>
> Basically.  Like Greg said, C-Kermit is a communications program and runs
> on damn near everyting in existence.  It's schweet when you can transfer
> files with nuttin' but a connection and kermit between two computers :)
>
> When I first started getting into Suns 2 years ago and I tried to use
> Minicom for the serial console... it would never work.  Damn enter key
> wouldn't be sent to the IPX.

Funny, I've been using minicom as a serial console interface with no
problems. I only use it on the cocsole on my freeBSD box. I set up two
config files, one for each serial port , to connect to my SS% and
cisco675. I made sure I blanked all the modem initialization khrapp
and it's been quite painless ever since.  I use a TERM of vt100.

-
"So I am not the only one that runs around naked with my Bobba Fett helment on?
Cool"
		-David Smith

Gustafson
                                                    drobnox at visi.com