St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?)

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 21:05:26 CST 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Every season is riding season - the only difference is that you need to wear
> more clothes on some days than on others.  There's been some major advances
> in motorcycle clothing recently.

The locals keep telling me that any day now there will be white sticky
stuff falling from the sky.  I think they're just pulling my leg.

I'd heard a lot of great things about Aerostitch, but two of my friends
bought suits and have had a considerable number of complaints.  I'm still
witholding judgement at the moment.

> > --
> > '87 FZR1000 (awaiting new radiator and nitrous kit)
>
> You're kidding right?  That's a drag racer - not a streetbike right?  What
> would a top speed on that be, I wonder.  Sounds like great, big, heaping,
> steamy, piles of fun!

"Fun" is a turbo Hayabusa.  I had enough fun from one ride to know that I
will never again crave unlimited acceleration.  You'd need balls of
titanium (no offense to the XX chromosone holders on the list) to want
more.  Roller coasters mean nothing after pulling over 1G to 150mph.

I'm guessing about 175mph once I improve the aerodynamics (and believe it
or not, 175 feels a _lot_ slower than 215).  This will be a track bike.
IMHO driving a liter bike on the street is like using a 'mog to haul
groceries, it'll do the job but that doesn't mean it's the best tool.

-James [but some people do it anyway, and that's the point!]