[rescue] SCRAPPLE

George Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 12:26:31 CST 2001

> > I have heard both ways, and I think either one works.
>
> I've heard that steel wool can damage a cast iron pan - however, I've never
> experimented with one to find out.  It's commonly accepted that scrubbing
> with soap is okay, as long as you season the pan again afterwards.
> Whatever works...

Ive been doing it for _Years_ and mine work just fine.  you can crack an egg
into the hot pan, wait a second or two, loosen it around the edges and tip
the pan, and it will slide right across the bottom of the pan without any
problems.  As good as teflon, if not better.

Nothing cooks like cast Iron.