[rescue] tape drive with no SCSI

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 7 23:32:17 CST 2001

> to get USB on my sparc20, but it doesn't work that way, only USB to host and
> SCSI to devices.  of course i can't find the webpage on sun's site anymore,
> but if you call your var, they should be able to help you out, if you don't
> want to involve a var let me know and i'll either keep looking or get in touch
> with some of my var contacts to get info extracted out of them.

found it.  the sun webpage is:

http://www.sun.com/io_technologies/pci/vendor/vendor.scm.html

and the product manufacturers website is:

http://www.scmmicro.com/connectivity/usbscsi.html

the only problem is that this thing only applies to mass storage devices, and
i don't know if that covers tapes or not.  call and as is the best way i guess.

-brian