[rescue] tape drive with no SCSI

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 7 23:44:50 CST 2001

Brian Hechinger writes:

 > the only problem is that this thing only applies to mass storage devices, and
 > i don't know if that covers tapes or not.  call and as is the best way i guess.

If it doesn't cover tapes, Amanda now has a way (using the -tapeio CVS
branch) of backing up to block devices as if they were "tapes". So you
could hang an actual disk off of that USB port and back up, mt,
etc. as if it were a tape. Yeah I know, sort of a nasty hack, but it
works in a pinch.

Dan
--
Dan Debertin
airboss at nodewarrior.org
www.nodewarrior.org

Writing software is more fun than working.