[rescue] OK, step one of the purge in New Jersey...

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 4 14:58:56 CST 2001

It's rumored that around Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 03:09:52PM -0500
Ken Hansen <n2vip at bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> I am heading towards an MS-less environment (I use so little MS software as
> it is, outside of work, that I think the effort to transition will be
> slight...). Laptops may remain on Win98 for 802.11b networking...

quick comment on this.  Most all chip sets are supported under freebsd
and linux AFAIK.  I've borrowed several different cards at different
times for various uses and applications and had no problem getting the
kernel to use them.  I've been M$ free at home and work for about 5
years now.  Never looked back :)  Everyone complains they can't play
their dvds in unix, check out `mplayer` works like a champ.  I have
_attack of the killer clowns_ in my drive right now :)

^D