[SunRescue] Re: expensive paperweights

Gil Young rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 08:26:02 CDT 2001

Floppies have on, well maybe two uses for me in todays world:

1) boots up those older laptops so I can put an OS on the thing.

2) helps me read all my legacy floppy data, not that I have done that in 4
years or so.

I even have an old 5.2. floppy drive squirreled away neatly in case I come
across something i must read.  Heh, I think the main reason I keep it is
that my first copy of Borland C came on 360K floppies, and I coded many a
project in it.  I bet i'll never use it though, but it is there just in
case, just like my Smith :).

Gil