[SunRescue] Q: on SS/5-170...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 06:48:21 CDT 2001

I have set up my new SS/5-170, and I have a few quick questions:

    On an SS/5 - will I get better graphics *performance* from a TGX or an
AFX?

    How can I tell what resolution/color depth my SS/5 is at (I have the AFX
card in now)?

    Anyone know how long a Seti at home packet takes on on unladen SS/5-170?

And interesting info on my Supersellers.net box:

    It was an SS/5-110 that Sun upgraded (via MB swap) to 170 MHz
    (The case is SS/5-110, the MB was designed for the TurboSPARC)

    When I powered it up, it reported that the clock had avanced 760 days(!)

    The unit did not include a floppy drive - no biggie.

    The CD-ROM I had for internal use appears to be a 1x or 2x drive - what
is the fastest drive available for this case?

Ken