[SunRescue] FW: Holy Moley - guess what the UPS man brought...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 14:51:09 CDT 2001

Opps, typo...

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Hansen
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 3:50 PM
To: 'rescue at sunhekp.org'
Subject: Holy Moley - guess what the UPS man brought...

I got my SS/5-170 as ordered from supersellers.net as promised, 5 business days after it shipped, and it shipped within one business day of placing the order! (I ordered it on Saturday via the web, it shipped the following Monday night)

The unit is a Sun refurb, it looks *new*, has a doc set, microphone II, and a cat5 patch cable, ina SUn box with a build sheet detailing the contents of the machine.

The (cardboard) box is brand new, it has not been re-opened/re-taped.

I am very happy this worked out, and I wanted to post the good news here that supersellers *appears* to have changed their ways - anyone looking for an SS/5-170, this is about the best deal going (that I am aware of)...

Just a data point in contrast to the horror stories others posted about them - not saying anyone was wrong, just that things *might* have changed.

Also, since these systems are already packaged for shipment, all he needs to do is slap a label on it and send it out the door!

Ken
(Note - it does appear that there *may* be an extremely old version of SOlaris installed on the unit - the build sheet indicates that Solaris 2.3 is installed - that is how I read it anyway...)