DNS Security (was: RE: [SunRescue] hosts file And DNS files??)

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 14:39:56 CDT 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> Now, the deal is that we can't easily do the equiv. of
> perl -e "print \"hello world\";"
>
> in any of the small talks I've seen.  But then, small talk is for real
> programs, not quick scripts (unless you happen to have a small talk based
> OS, which I doubt you do).

[replies to geeks please, and flames to /dev/null]

Perl may have started out as something for quick scripts, but it has
matured into a Proper Language, and is equally suitable for both quick
scripts and real programs.

I spend most of my time with it writing real programs.

--
David Cantrell | cthulhu at unixbeard.net | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

  Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our "most advanced operating system
   in the world" which we decided to release incomplete just for a laugh