[SunRescue] smallest portable vt100?

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 09:14:17 CDT 2001

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I have a need for a small-as-possible-but-still-decent-keyboard
> portable computer/handheld/etc capable of functioning as a
> 9600 baud serial console terminal (VT100 emulation) for a Sun
> machine, that can run on batteries for two hours or so while driving
> the serial port.

I regulary use my Palm m100 for configuring routers and sun boxen and run
a little utility called ?ptelnet? (I have terminal emulators on it; one is
GPL and the other allows you to send Ctrl+Break!!).

You could get it one of those weird `\/\/' shaped keyboards that are
full-size yet fold down to the same size;  although after having played
with a Psion at the Weekend; I would really recommend one of these for the
purpose.  You can /just/ `touch type' (!).

--
h: 0115 922 7162   w: 0115 953 1803