distributed mailing list? (Was Re: [SunRescue] Question...)

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 13:53:29 CDT 2001

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 02:23:42PM -0400, Gil Young wrote:
> I dont mind at all.  Speaking of which, putting all our geek minds
> together, there must be some way to devise a distributed mailing list.  For
> example, ten of us could pool our bandwidth limitations together and
> support a large list with "free" bandwidth.  I cant think of a way, but I
> just started thinking about it.  Possibly a round robin DNS approach, but
> that would make list archiving a mess. Any ideas?

Ah, like I said, no need or even *worry* about me using too much
bandwidth anytime soon; I'm just discussiong "what if" possibilities
with the list.

Look for a new list/webserver (dual CPU Ultra 2) in a week or so..

Will probably make the existing machine a database server, connected
via a crossover cable and a 2nd ethernet interface.  Anybody got a
few sbus 10baseT cards to get rid of?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford