[SunRescue] 300mhz CPU upgrade - no luck

Paul Phillips rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 23 16:57:30 CDT 2001

Well, darn.

I got my nice 300 mhz UltraSparc processor today in the mail.  Put it in my
Axil Ultima 1 and -- no luck.  I tried changing the jumper labeled J2302
(same jumper name on the Tatung Ultra 1 clone) - still no luck.  Put the
old processor back in - works fine.

I was so excited about this, but I can't seem to make it work, and I
haven't been able to find any docs anywhere that might give me some
guidance.  Maybe it just won't work.

I suppose the new processor might be bad, but it was shipped well, in an
antistatic bag, and the previous owner said he tested it on an Ultra 2
before sending it out.

If I try and go out and buy a used Ultra 2 now, there will be bloodshed in
this household...

Any ideas...?

Thanks,
Paul Phillips

Paul Phillips
Director of Orchestral Activities, Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University

"You must sing every note you play, sing even through the rests!"
Arturo Toscanini