[SunRescue] 300mhz CPU upgrade - no luck

Naji Alkateeb rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 23 18:11:26 CDT 2001

Paul,

You need to take J2003 and move it to
pins 1 and 2.

Make sure you have a processor in the system
that is currently working  - so if you have
a working 167 or 250MHz CPU install it.

This will enable you to flash the prom.

The only way I know how to do it is by
doing a fresh load of Solaris 7.  After
a successful load and re-boot the system
will prompt you "Do you want to update the Flash Prom"

answer yes

It will ask you three times if this is what you want to
do. yes to all

After it comes up and you get to the # prompt - power the
machine down - using "init 0"

then put your 300Mhz processor in and move Jumper J2301 to
pins 2 and 3.

the system should recognize the processor after this.

Good Luck.

If you have any additional difficulties, you can email
one of my techs directly - they have done this 1000 times.

try - tyler at paladiantech.com

Regards,

Naji Alkateeb

Paladian Technologies