[SunRescue] Dumb Term

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 22 18:55:34 CDT 2001

[ On Tuesday, May 22, 2001 at 16:43:30 (EDT), dave at cca.org wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Dumb Term
>
> I think there were a bunch of machines like that around that time...
> might have been an SGI IRIS-1000 series machine? That used XNS which
> is just ethernet with a different packet format.

I don't remember SGI even being a glimmer in anyone's eye at that time.

It certainly wasn't an IRIS-1000.  Haven't all SGI machines been based
on the MIPS chips?  Hmmm.... I guess not (according to the IRIS FAQ)!

Of course the original IRIS-1000 was a SUN variant.....  :-)

But the IRIS had disks -- the machine I'm thinking of had none, not even
provision for one.

It was more like the BBN BitGraph, but I don't think it was that one
either.

Hmmm... maybe it was a Comutervision workstation.....  or maybe it was a
Corvus Concept prototype....

     * Corvus Systems introduces the Corvus Concept microcomputer. It uses
        aMotorola 68000 processor, 256KB RAM, 120x66 character (560x720
        graphics) B/W display, for US$5000. [396.6]

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>