[SunRescue] SC2000 Boot Proms

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 9 17:05:05 CDT 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Adam Skaffloth wrote:

> Is that the latest Prom Version for SC2000 ?
> My FE Book is from late 98.

Yes.

> Does anybody know what the issues where ?
> Also there are BUG IDs listed that was solved 2.27 and above:
> BugID, 1243788, 1228182 and 1228182. Anybody have access to
> explaination of the BugIDs ?

All of these bugs are purely cosmetic.  They do not affect the operation
of the system in any way, and only manifest themselves under certain PROM
self-tests.  Updating to 2.31 is a waste of money if you don't need to
update otherwise.

If you do need to update, I have many extra copies of 2.30 and 2.31 for a
lot less than Sun wants.

-James