[SunRescue] SC2000 Boot Proms

Adam Skaffloth rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 9 14:54:11 CDT 2001

I read in FE Handbook that the Boot Prom I have Ver 2.27
Sun says that they have a Y2K issue with SC2000.
So they released a Boot Prom Ver 2.31.

Is that the latest Prom Version for SC2000 ?
My FE Book is from late 98.

Does anybody know what the issues where ?
Also there are BUG IDs listed that was solved 2.27 and above:
BugID, 1243788, 1228182 and 1228182. Anybody have access to
explaination of the BugIDs ?

Sun wants 80 USD for the Proms even if they are not Y2K Compliant,
and it takes 3.5 hours to order it, but no one at SUN can say
what the problem are ?

I guess I only need updating the first, the Master Board.

I just feel so happy after speaking with SUN for 4 hours and I get
no help :)

/ Adam