[SunRescue] `Bigger' height SCA disks in SS5 ?

Jonathan Sadler rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 9 16:58:30 CDT 2001

I also mistakenly purchased a 1.6" disk for my SS5.  I got it to work in
the upper slot (removes the connector/top of drive collision issue)
without a sled by placing a box of checks under it.  Of course, there
arn't any checks in that box :^)

I just bought a refirb 1" disk that I plan on putting in the bottom slot
with a proper sled.  I am also looking into making a set of adapters out
of some thin gauge steal that would screw into the lower drive's side
mounting screw holes as well as the upper drive's holes.  That way I
don't have to worry about the upper drive accidently disconnecting
itself.

Jonathan Sadler