[SunRescue] OT: need MMJ cable for vaxstation

Jeff Workman rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 1 23:04:54 CDT 2001

Why don't you guys do like I do and take an RJ-12 connector, break the clip
off, and file it down so that it fits?  It won't "lock" in place, but it
definitely works.

Jeff

Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Greg A. Woods
exclaimed:

> [ On Monday, April 30, 2001 at 23:16:42 (-0400), Sam Creasey wrote: ]
>> Subject: [SunRescue] OT: need MMJ cable for vaxstation
>>
>> I know this list contains a vew vax, erm... "enthusiasts", so I was
>> hoping one of you could help me out.
>>
>> I just got a vaxstation 3100 here, and I need an mmj->DB{9,25} cable so I
>> can plug the console of this thing into something useful...  anyone know
>> where to find such a cable/got one laying around?
>
> Me too!!!  :-)
>
> Mine would be for my DEC terminal servers though....
>
> Actually if anyone has any of the MMJ connector ends available too I'd
> be really happy, and a crimp too (or die for some generic tool) would be
> even better.  I've got more MMJ-DB{9,25} adapters than I have MMJ
> cables, but I need all the adapters I've got and then some more as I
> have way more devices and terminal server ports than connectors....
>
> I think you can still buy all these things from Black Box, but only at
> Black Box(TM) prices!  :-)
>
> --
>							 Greg A. Woods
>
> +1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
> Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>

"...and the burnt fool's bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the
fire." -Joe Zeff in the SDM.