[SunRescue] OT: need MMJ cable for vaxstation

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 2 00:44:35 CDT 2001

[ On Wednesday, May 2, 2001 at 00:04:54 (-0400), Jeff Workman wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] OT: need MMJ cable for vaxstation
>
> Why don't you guys do like I do and take an RJ-12 connector, break the clip
> off, and file it down so that it fits?  It won't "lock" in place, but it
> definitely works.

I had thought of doing that, and have actually bought some RJ-12's to
experiment with.

Unfortunately the end with the MMJ is the DB-25 adapter, and that's
often attached to the back of a chassis on rails, i.e. it moves, meaning
that even with a cable arm one has to be very careful to fix it so that
it doesn't fall out should I pull the chassis out the front for
maintenance....

I suppose I could hot-glue them in so long as I was careful to only dab
the outside after it's inserted (i.e. so it can be cut out if need be).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>