[rescue] RE: VSIMMs in SS/20 ("one VSIMM good, two VSIMMs better" - sorry George Orwell)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 09:02:31 CDT 2001

The little board that takes up one SBUS slot is an Aux video board - it provides the second framebuffer output - your machine has two, seperate framebuffers. You can run dual-head, if you want.

Prestoserve is a add-on to speed up some file operations, support is tricky under more recent releases of Solaris (7 or 8)...

My SS/20s are about to get 4 Meg VSIMMs and an Aux board (like you rlittle one) so they can run dual-head 24 bit color. I found a guy that offered me 2x 4 Meg VSIMMs and 2x Aux video cards for $125 + 5 S/H. I am happy with that deal ;^), but now the bigger, better deal is on the horizon...

Isn't that always the way...

Ken