[rescue] WTB: SGI

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 08:17:19 CDT 2001

> it's for me, actually. i'd like to do some stuff with it (learn things,
> perhaps do some graphical work, etc). unfortunately i'm not sure what
> would be a good mid-range 'starter' sgi that can hold me for awhile. would
> you perhaps have any suggestions?

My starter was an Indigo (not Indigo 2), R4000/100 XZ 24 bit Framebuffer.
Runs Irix 6.2 pretty snappily.  base + GFX cost me less than $200.
(then there was the 9 Gig and the 384Megs of RAM... ouch)
Still, a fun little machine if you don't want to commit too much money to
something you don't know if you will want in the long run...

George