[rescue] Radio DF equipment (was Ham radio license question)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 09:48:33 CDT 2001

I was just wondering if it did actually use the Doppler
effect or was just measuring phase of the incoming wave
at two antennas like the two antenna design that I have.
 Not really knowing how they are supposed to work (as
opposed to how they claim to work) and from the
description given, it just did not look like Doppler to
me, just measuring phase difference between the antennas.
 Obviously there has to be some heavy calculations to
determine the sum and difference frequencies of the
received signal due to the rotation of the virtual
antenna to determine the direction of the source.
Something that an IPX might not be able to do (to get
this back on track).