[rescue] SS2 help

Larry Snyder rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 8 19:34:54 CDT 2001

Go to 'new command mode' and you'll get an 'ok' prompt.
At that point do a probe-scsi, and you have a list of what it sees.

Target 3 is the default boot device.  Target 1 is usually aux disk
storage mounted as /opt2 or whatever.  It might be bootable, depending
on what the last SA did with it.

You could try a 'boot disk1' from the ok prompt.

He can also be net-booted.  I've seen up to and including 2.5.1
Solaris on SS2's, but I'm not sure how far beyond that you might be
able to get.  The architecture is 4c, if that helps.  One other thing
that might bite you is that the comm parms for the boot rom are not
necessarily what you'll get once you pull a kernel into it.  Be ready
to change those on the fly.

Good luck!
-ls-