[SunRescue] SS1+ Floppy cable, FAQ RFC

Michael Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 30 15:06:16 CST 2001

I know your're all probably very tired of my questions reguarding
my decade-old SS1+ pizza box, but I have yet another one for you.
(Thanks, so far, all my questions have been answered!)

I assume from the fact the SS1+, a.k.a. 4/65 a.k.a. campus b, etc.
has room for only one floppy disk, that no special twists are
expected in the floppy ribbon cable to allow for multiple drives,
ergo, I can make my own cable from a piece of 34 lead ribbon cable
and two 34 pin IDC connectors, right? This cable would be
straight through- no twists like in a ix86 box?

Also, no surprises on the power cable, just dike off
the ends of two big -> little type drive power adapters,
then splice in a few inches of wire?

RFC - SS1+, SS2 FAQ?

With all of the good information I have picked up here, I think
I could put together a FAQ for others who try to ressurect these
machines. Any comments?

Thanks,

Mike Hansen

"I think it's kinda the same, but darker."
-TBWP I

 \   |
   \ | /
    \|/