[SunRescue] Re: ALMS

Mike Meredith rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 28 16:00:14 CST 2001

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, you wrote:
> There is, I'm sure some proper name for the malaise that strikes
> low-salaried people in non-creative, repetitious jobs, and I'm at a
> loss for what it could be now, but it's the reason the coffee tastes

Coundn't give a shit syndrome ?

I once spent a day working for a uk shipping company --- they employed
extra staff on a day by day basis. The job involved picking up packages
off the end of a conveyor and putting them into the back of a van. When
the packages came too fast they either fell off the end of the
conveyor, or we kept up by throwing the packages into the van :(

And yes, the pay was bad.

I think US shipping companies must be worse than UK ones though ---
I've had dozens of personal deliveries and hundreds of work ones with
not a single damages one (and not many misplaced ones).