[SunRescue] Re: ALMS

Dave Reader rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 29 07:28:43 CST 2001

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Mike Meredith wrote:

> I think US shipping companies must be worse than UK ones though ---
> I've had dozens of personal deliveries and hundreds of work ones with
> not a single damages one (and not many misplaced ones).

Except Parcel Farce - they can break anything, and if that isn't enough
they'll leave it out in the rain too.

I bought a Sun 811 disk enclosure and some memory simms via ebay. The disk
box had three smashed (from the side/corner) feet, and cracks in the
actual case, where it had been dropped multiple times. 2 of the 4 simms
had chips ripped off them. This despite it being well packed in
bubble-wrap etc.

I bought a faulty sparc5 for parts - amongst other things i wanted to
replace the broken plastic corner trims on a working machine i'd bought.
It turned up in a torn, dented, box which was barely holding itself
togther - and the machine's case was broken.

dave.