[SunRescue] Fwd: Re: which driver do I need in the kernel for sound in a sparc LX?

Dave Reader rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 19 18:38:16 CST 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Mike Hebel wrote:

> >>The LX uses dbri (with a cs4215 codec).
>
> FWIW - If you use anything but Solaris or Debian Linux you will not be able
> to get sound out of the machine properly.  Even Debian has bugs, (outputs on
> all ports unless you upgrade to the 2.4 kernel - etc.), Solaris seems to be
> about the only stable one to use the sound correctly on the DBRI hardware.

I can confirm that debian works.. howver ei've not got far with this yet..

You can persuade mpg123 from debian potato to compile with some minor
changes - and it plays fine - but i've not yet figured out how to control
the audio.

unfortunately i accidentally deleted my patches for the debian source -
but i will recreate them at some point, so if you need them let me know..

does anyone use any different players/tools? - all of those which i tried
failed except for mpg123..

dave.