[SunRescue] ANybody elses desktop look like this

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 15 07:37:35 CST 2001

Christopher Byrne wrote:

> Well I like the basic front end that KDE shows me, as well as it's relative
> stability especially compared to GNOME/Enlightenment combo.
> Of course Enlightenment is a developement windowmanager, it was never
> intended to ne either resource efficient, or totally stable.

I'm a big fan of Ximian GNOME (ex-Helix Code) with Sawfish.  It's damned
stable.  When I don't use GNOME, I use WindowMaker -- partly because the
monitor on my switchbox was sitting beside a NeXT monitor... now two
NeXT monitors, and it looked pretty cool.

Here's the GNOME desktop[1] as it appeared this morning.

[1] http://www.networklevel.com/screenshots.html

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer