[SunRescue] ANybody elses desktop look like this

Christopher Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 15 06:02:51 CST 2001

Well I like the basic front end that KDE shows me, as well as it's relative
stability especially compared to GNOME/Enlightenment combo.

Of course Enlightenment is a developement windowmanager, it was never
intended to ne either resource efficient, or totally stable.

On the KDE plus side I also really like KOffice. When it's finally 100% I
plan on doing a major functionality test to see if it can keep up with MS
office for my business needs.

That's something I would truly love to see, needing windows only to interact
with other windows users, and for high end games. Hell if this justice
department thing works out, maybe not even needing windows at all.... now
that'd be a real dream.

GNOME/Enlightenment on the other hand give you a hell of a lot of
customizability, which is great. I know guys who have fractally generated
windows rendered in weird transparent colors just because they can.

WindowMaker on the third hand (hmmm, running out of hands here... hey
vishnu, get over here ;-) gives you a lot of the same flexibility, at a much
lower resource cost, but without the high level of object portability and
widget compatability offered by either KDE or GNOME

Chris Byrne