[SunRescue] ANybody elses desktop look like this

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 15 09:40:43 CST 2001

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Tim Harrison wrote:

> I'm a big fan of Ximian GNOME (ex-Helix Code) with Sawfish.  It's damned
> stable.  When I don't use GNOME, I use WindowMaker -- partly because the
> monitor on my switchbox was sitting beside a NeXT monitor... now two
> NeXT monitors, and it looked pretty cool.
>
> Here's the GNOME desktop[1] as it appeared this morning.

*sigh*  Am I the only one to not get this to work?
Has anyone running Solaris 7 gotten Helix Gnome to work?  I've given
up, but multiple times I got it to go through the whole install and tell
me it's good, but when I select a GNOME desktop from the dtlogin screen,
it just ends up back at the dtlogin screen.

--Kurt