[SunRescue] RE: Solaris 1.1 on a 4/330

Mattias Paulsson rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 13 15:11:52 CST 2001

> > That is the question.  How old does it have to be before it 's in the public
> > domain?
>
> After 7 years(?) it belongs to the public domain. Plus, most software after
> 7 years is pretty close to obsolete (for purposes other than ours) anyway.

Is this actually written down somewhere in print or just the common point of view?
If it's true then most of the softare for my trusty old C64 would be public domain (which would make me happy) as well as some (great) software for the Amiga, like old raytracers etc. etc.

Just wouldn't like having the BSA chasing me for better reasons than 7 year old software :-)

----
M.Paulsson - Perl programmer / systems architect / protector of squids

"- Plus the Camel maskot is a hell of a lot cooler than a cup of coffee!!"