now : Energy usage RE: [SunRescue] Monthly living expenses Was OT : natural gas prices

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 10 10:07:26 CST 2001

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 10:55:02AM -0500, Mike Turner wrote:
> 	A random thought: With all this talk of energy consumption I begin
> to wonder, anyone noticed the cops hanging out in front of their houses? the
> reason I ask this is that in most localities the power company passes the
> names of energy users that pass a certain threshold of consumption to the
> local vice squad. The usual reason is that growing Pot , because of the grow
> lamps, uses a lot of electricity. I just wonder if massive computer users
> can trigger that anmount or not. hate to have the swat team kick in the door
> cause I am compiling a new kernel :-).
> 	Michael A. Turner

Isnt this an urban legend?

Hell the meter-reader mis-read my meter one month and I got a
$1200 electric bill.  After I got over from almost having  a heart
attack, we called the utility company - and the guy said "oh, we'll
send someone out to re-read your meter tomorrow; that must have been
a mistake, we should have flagged that one and it would have never
been processed and sent to you.."

Bill

--
Bill Bradford - mrbill at mrbill.net - Austin, TX