[SunRescue] Re: Router vs. PC with router/firewall software...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 5 17:52:14 CST 2001

I've been running CNFS in production for more than two years now. No
problems. HSNX.atgi.net last ranked #73 on freenix, hovering in the 100's
now on the alternative top1000. If I were to un-throttle my newsserver, I
could completely peg two T3's and eat a good portion of a third.

we're talking apples and oranges. NNTPcache isn't adequate for global news
transit. INN is the wrong tool for a small enduser newsserver with two or
three readers, unless you're a masochist, and proud of it (i've been
running INN since 1994, so you know what i am)... :^)