[SunRescue] Bad - new NVRAM/TOD??

Steve Pacenka rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 3 09:51:19 CST 2001

> harry, steve...
>
> were the chips that worked (m48t12-150) used in an ipx
> or ss2?  they're the ones I have access to at the
> moment, no ipc's.
>
> I've actually found an old sun bug report (1055000)
> that mentions the problem specifically on the 4/75
> (ss2) as being a testing bit flipped by the
> manufacturer, and not being reset properly by the
> kick-start routine, and ... no resolution was
> offered...
>
> I wonder if we used an ipc to initially set the chip,
> whether that would fix the issue?

Steve,

I'm imagining an IPC in continued loyal service, reviving NVRAMs for SS2s.  :^)

If no one else advises against it, I will try this since I have an SS2 in the
rehab queue also, besides several IPCs.  The first new NVRAM went into an IPC,
and after I have the IPC booting properly I will transplant the chip into the
SS2.

-- SP