[SunRescue] Bad - new NVRAM/TOD??

steve price rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 3 09:16:05 CST 2001

harry, steve...

were the chips that worked (m48t12-150) used in an ipx
or ss2?  they're the ones I have access to at the
moment, no ipc's.

I've actually found an old sun bug report (1055000)
that mentions the problem specifically on the 4/75
(ss2) as being a testing bit flipped by the
manufacturer, and not being reset properly by the
kick-start routine, and ... no resolution was
offered...

I wonder if we used an ipc to initially set the chip,
whether that would fix the issue?

Like you, I've tried several commercial sources and
have gotten the same chips from both - apparently
sgs/thompson is the buyer/successor to mostek.

I haven't tried any Dallas Semiconductor chips, mainly
since the nvram faq said they mostly don't work
either...

So I will also try the m48t12-150 - thanks for the
reply!!