[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 1 17:34:58 CST 2001

Reagen Ward wrote:

> OpenBSD stripped waaay down + Checkpoint FW-1 = Nokia IP firewall appliance.

I hope that's not for home. :)

I don't like the concept of Checkpoint.  I find it kind of silly putting
a firewall software onto a machine with an OS (like NT or Solaris).
Call me paranoid, but isn't that like putting a lock on a door, but
leaving the key in it?

I suppose you could say that about using OpenBSD with ipf.  However, I
tend to trust OpenBSD a little more than NT.  Solaris, I trust a bit
more, but still, in the wrong hands, a Solaris box can be a Hack-Me
Sign[tm].

The Netscreen is cool, though.  Even the PIX is okay, except it's
Intel-based, and a bit slow.

#define <disclaimer.h>

--

Tim Harrison