[SunRescue] Hi, I'm Steve, and I have a problem. . .

Simeon Johnston rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 14 22:56:25 CST 2001

Dan Lane wrote:

> isn't ibuprophen (again, sp?) available over the counter???
>
> Hmm its things like this that make me glad I don't go to the doctors... I
> had tonsilitis for 3 weeks before work MADE me see a doctor :(

Ibuprophen is very bad for the stomach lining when taking without food.  You
are only supposed to take them one or 2 at a time.  1200 mg is a huge dose.  I
took ibuprophen for a while for back pain and it worked miracles.  Actually,
Advil is just ibuprophen with caffeine to make the drug work faster.  Yes this
also works with coffee, Mountain Dew (man I love this stuff), and any other
caffinated beverage.  A buddy of mine used to take 2 ibuprophen and a can of
Mountain Dew before playing basketball.  He was kind of a freak like that.
Just remember.  Always take it with food and you will be fine.

sim