[SunRescue] Hi, I'm Steve, and I have a problem. . .

Peter Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 15 00:26:55 CST 2001

on 2/14/01 8:56 PM, Simeon Johnston at simeonuj at eetc.com wrote:

> Ibuprophen is very bad for the stomach lining when taking without food.  You
> are only supposed to take them one or 2 at a time.  1200 mg is a huge dose.  I

2x600mg - one in morning (with food), one with dinner for over two years.

> Just remember.  Always take it with food and you will be fine.

Not always true.  I did, as did a friend of mine who had chronic back pain.
(mine was in a less pleasant place.)  Both of us are suffering long-term
damage.  The good news is that a combination of western medicine, a good
chiropractor, and a naturopath have worked wonders.  The bad side effect (or
not) is that I can't tolerate fast foods or heavy carbs.  No big loss.

-Pete
Peter L. Wargo / pwargo at basenji.com
owner/operator of basenji.com
340 Cypress Crest Terrace