[SunRescue] Salvaging a big case to use as drive enclosure?

jeff borisch rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Feb 3 11:32:15 CST 2001

Don't know if this helps, but if it were a regular Mac Architecture machine,
this behavior is spot-on what happens when the PRAM battery goes dead. Look
on the MB for a 3.6v or so lithium cell (like a stubby A cell). It's worth
the $8 or so for a new one if you can't test voltage on the old one. If it
is very far off of 3v I'd bet this is your problem.

If you are just convinced it is broken then I would glady pay shipping for
the unit (less all of your drives) to get the whole mess out of your hair.

(-:

berst regards,
jeffrey