[SunRescue] Q: Regarding Sun Educator promo Ultra 5 system

nick at ns.snowman.net nick at ns.snowman.net
Thu Apr 20 12:09:06 CDT 2000

I've rma'd every brand of drives (worked for a while in the RMA dept for a
small reseller).  The manufacturers are Always better than distributers
for hard drives, but not by much.  Seagate and IBM both make some drives
that they'll tell you to talk to the OEM they sold them to about.  Don't
bother, they won't talk to you without a contract.  WD has never made any
to my knowledge, and they'll take anything back, with little or no hastle.
Quantum wasn't soo bad, nor was Seagate, just not as easy.  Fujitsu will
talk to you if you dig deep enough, but it takes some real work.  JTS (I
think that's right) I have no experience with, and I belive they rebadge
other brands drives.
	Nick