[geeks] Documentation Viewer Recommendation

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Apr 15 21:42:07 CDT 2018

On Sun, 15 Apr 2018, Michael Parson wrote:

>> Me, too.  OS X frequently forgets that I've made that choice, so I have
>> to open the "Keyboard" settings pane to remind it.
>
> Huh, never had that problem.

I can't rightly pin down when it happens.  It's not every reboot;
sometimes it's more often, sometimes less.  Some random interaction causes
the modifier settings to revert to their defaults.

> Yup.  Only place I've not found a way to re-map it is Android, but I
> don't spend enought time on a physical keyboard working on Android to
> dig into it too deeply.  Maybe if Sentio ever ships the Superbook...
>
>> Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie are still right after all this time.
>
> Don't get that ref, even after reading about them on Wikipedia.

In 2000 or so, they had a song called "Every OS Sucks":

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPRvc2UMeMI

--
Jonathan Patschke
Austin, TX