[geeks] Cisco 3548-XL unearthed

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:14:28 CDT 2018

Hello all,

I just unearthed a Cisco 48 port 3548-XL Switch, and it seems to be
running firmware from 2000 (when it was built), any thoughts on
updating the firmware without too much muss or fuss?

I need a managed switch for my home lab, and this one is on the shelf
right now, so I *could* use it, but I think I want a gigabit switch.
It appears this switch has a retail value of aprox. $25 US, which
makes it almost worthless to me, is there something I'm missing, does
this switch have any real value today?

I don't need 48 ports, and I'd prefer gigabit - anyone have any
suggestions for a $200ish 24 port managed switch?

Thanks,

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson