[geeks] Brother 8250CDN and CUPS?

Nathan Raymond nraymond at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 10:35:34 CDT 2017

I've seen cases where Linux/CUPS doesn't have the correct printer model PPD
selected everywhere it should be. Do you see duplexing options in CUPS (
http://localhost:631/printers/)? If not, you might want to check that the
right model is configured in your UNIX printing subsystem
("system-config-printer" on some systems). Also, I've also seen reports of
"-o BRDuplex=DuplexTumble" not working from the command line but "-o
sides=two-sided-long-edge" working instead.