[geeks] Brother 8250CDN and CUPS?

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Fri Jun 23 11:05:46 CDT 2017

On 06/23/17 11:35, Nathan Raymond wrote:
> I've seen cases where Linux/CUPS doesn't have the correct printer model PPD
> selected everywhere it should be. Do you see duplexing options in CUPS (
> http://localhost:631/printers/)? If not, you might want to check that the
> right model is configured in your UNIX printing subsystem
> ("system-config-printer" on some systems). Also, I've also seen reports of
> "-o BRDuplex=DuplexTumble" not working from the command line but "-o
> sides=two-sided-long-edge" working instead.

Yup, that's the weird part -- I can see the duplexer available, it's set
to be duplex long-edge as printer default, I can select duplexing in
print setup in an application and select my choice of long or short
edge, and it'll say "OK, sure, no problem."  ...Then it'll print
single-sided.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications