[geeks] Scam ware on MacOS and Linux

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 22:52:21 CDT 2016

Maybe targeting wasnbt the best word to use.  (Many people seem hunger on
that verb.)

My question was basically, when did the bMicrosoft Computer Centerb scam
morph to include Mac and Linux computers.
After hearing of the Microsoft scam years ago, this inclusion of Mac and
Linux computers was new to me.
(The scammer was following a script with a bdecision treeb which lead her
to correctly identifying my computer even though I gave spurious
information.)
Rich K. brought up the news story which confirmed the experience that I had
as a new trend.
Was I personally targeted?  Who knows but we regularly receive these scam
calls (2-3 per month).
So I guess our number is on some list or lists.