[geeks] Scam ware on MacOS and Linux

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 19:07:57 CDT 2016

Hike,

If this 'scammer' had a script targeting Windows, Mac, and Linux as you
claim:

"This was the first time that I heard of this scam targeting Mac and Linux
computers."

Why was the caller confused that your computer lacked a Windows key and was
again confused when you said you were on a Linux computer? Wouldn't a script
that targets all three platforms cover such contingencies?

I read nothing in your story that leads me to believe the caller had any idea
what computer platform you were running (Mac or Linux), all I see is a scammer
that refused to give up when confronted with something *not* in the script.
That's quite the opposite of 'targeting' IMHO.

Lionel