[geeks] Old hardware cut-off

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 19:56:50 CST 2014

Apparently the V65x does not support Solaris 11 (Darn), so now I'm burning
a Solaris 10 1/13 Install DVD, and I'm hoping a USB DVD drive can boot this
beast.

I found I had 6x 2 Gig PC2100 ECC Registered RAM in my PE2650, I checked
Crucial and found that the V65x and PE2650 both require identical spec
memory, but both are listed as PC2700 on Crucial. I'm going to try a
Solaris install with the PC2700 RAM it came with, then try the PC2100 RAM
from the Dell...

I also found the PE2650 had 3x 146 Gig Drives, as well as another 73 Gig
Drive, so it looks like I'll have a nice compliment of drives & memory if
this all works out...

The journey continues...

Lionel