[geeks] Building a local IMAP server on OpenIndiana

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Nov 27 02:02:53 CST 2013

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013, Google wrote:

> Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 07:24:25 +0000
> I dont really understand the user => user mapping at all well, which probably
> doesnt help. Im using PAM mode which is the default and just pulls users and
> passwords off the /etc/passwd (and presumably /etc/shadow) files for
> authentication.

Right, that's the same sort of setup I have.

> That said, look at my config - users are each assigned their OWN directory for
> mail using the config setting:

Yes, that's how Maildir works.  Presumably there's a configuration for
mbox mode, if you need it for some reason.

Still, I'd expect an OS-specific package to be able to handle permissions
out of the box.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "No matter how much the government controls...any
Elgin, TX         %  problem will be blamed on whatever small zone of